Table of Contents
Keto Diet For Weight Loss
The keto diet is becoming more and more popular as means of combating obesity and losing weight quickly.
A large volume of user testimonials and numerous reports all lead to the same conclusion:
Keto dieting is successful and it works!
Keto diet is the one that will help you lose weight and feel good about your self and figure.
**This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.**
You will have more stamina, greater physical health, and fewer cravings as well as losing weight fast and effortlessly!
Unlike other diets on the market, you will not regain the weight you lost.
In this article, I will show you how to start keto diet for weight loss and lose weight quickly and easily.
MUST READ: 8 Tips On How To Start Ketosis Diet
What is a keto diet for weight loss
The keto diet for weight loss emphasizes in the consumption of:
- High volumes of fat (not more than 70%)
- Moderate consuption of protein (not more than 20%)
- Low carb consumption (not more than 10%)
A lot of traditional diets, on the other hand, emphasize a low-fat, high-carbohydrate consumption.
That is why they are ineffective.
What is the reason for this?
Carbohydrates are by far the most quickly processed source of energy in your body.
This means that your metabolic system uses carbs and not fat as the main source of fuel for your body, and since you are using carbs instead of fat for energy, your body stores fat and you gain weight.
Only in the event that your body doesn’t find carbs to use for energy it will then swap to a different source, which is fat (when on low carb diets) and start the fat burning process.
Your body can just go into fat-burning mode if you don’t eat enough carbohydrates.
This explains why keto diets are so effective!
Keto diet tricks your body’s metabolism into burning fat rather than carbohydrates.
Who should not do a keto diet for weight loss
A keto diet for weight loss is not without debates and misconceptions, but it tends to be very healthy and also an effective and safe diet for the majority of people following it.
4 groups of people frequently necessitate special attention when on keto diet for weightloss:
- Have you recently gave birth?
- Are you a breastfeeding mother?
- Are you using insulin for treating diabetes?
- Are you on any kind of medication for treating elevated blood pressure?
If your answer is YES to any of the above questions, you should first consult your doctor before embarking on the keto diet journey, just to be on the safe side.
MUST READ: Is Ketogenic Diet Dangerous For Your Health?
Do you need keto diet for weight loss
Lowering carb consumption, whether slightly or significantly, can help with a variety of health problems, including obesity and metabolic problems. These health benefits can also be obtained solely by following a normal diet, without the use of drugs or other treatments that can cause severe side effects.
A keto diet for weight loss isn’t a “magic diet” but it can be a very successful 1st line strategy or a helpful supplement to other treatments recommended by a doctor.
Is keto diet for weight loss beneficial for you in any other way
Aside from your health, changing your diet can have an effect on other areas of your life, such as excercising performance, appetite, and also the amount of time spent in the kitchen in order to prepare those low-carb meals.
While these aspects are rarely studied in clinical trials, numerous people and doctors hear about them when they use a keto diet for other reasons than for weight loss. Their insights will assist you in making informed decisions on these topics.
How does keto diet for weightloss work
It’s interesting to note that the keto diet for medical reasons and the mainstream keto diet that is popular on many dieters today are slightly different.
The medical keto diet was first introduced in order to help suppress epilepsy in young children who didn’t respond to drugs alone.
The medical keto diet contained four grams of fat for every one gram of carbohydrates, a tough balance to achieve without the supervision of a professional.
The mainstream keto diet is roughly analogous, but somewhat less stringent. It consists of a very low carbohydrate, moderate protein, and high fat consumption. This means that carbohydrates account for not more than 10% of calories consumed, protein accounts for 20% of calories, and fat accounts for 70% of calories.
These amounts differ from individual to individual, but the aim is for the body to enter a state of ketosis, a state in which your body starts to use fat as the main source of energy instead of carbs.
It usually takes between couple of days or a few weeks in order for your body to enter ketosis, and once it is there, the liver introduces ketones into the bloodstream. If a certain number of ketones are found in the users urine, it is usually a sign that they have reached the state of ketosis.
Is it true, though, that entering ketosis inevitably equates to losing weight? Like any other diet the answer to this question is quite complecated. In order to understand that better we first need to understand what is ketosis.
What is ketosis when on keto diet for weight loss
Ketosis is a normal state that happens when carb consumption is drastically reduced.
As a result, insulin levels decrease and fatty acids are released into the bloodstream. In turn the fatty acids are converted by your liver into ketones.
That results in your body to enter a metabolic state called ketosis in which the body uses ketones instead of carbs as the main source of fuel.
As such, by lowering carbohydrate consumption, the body shifts its fuel consumption structure away from using glucose as energy and towards consuming fat.
This is a healthy, natural and safe procedure that results in extreme weight loss according to keto diet users.
MUST READ: Discover The List of Foods For Keto Diet
Benefits of keto diet for weight loss
Aside from increased metabolic rate and losing extreme amounts of weight, the ketogenic diet has a lot of health benefits which can occur very quickly:
1. You are going to see fast results: The major benefit on people who follow keto diet for weight loss is that weight loss occurs almost instantly in the beginning. However a lot of original weight loss is mostly water. Yet, seeing some scale shift is inspiring, as it will help individuals remain committed to it in order to enter the state of ketosis.
2. It will lower your blood sugar levels: Unbalanced blood sugar levels endanger your life. Due to the low carb food options you have, the keto diet will automatically reduce your blood sugar levels. As a result of this, the keto diet for weight loss is a particularly efficient way to treat type 2 diabetes effectively.
3. It will help you control your appetite and cravings: What’s the most difficult aspect of losing weight? Those dreadful cravings. Well, at least until the time you are reading this article. If you deside to follow a keto diet, you will not feel hungry at all. How do you lose weight if you don’t starve your self you might ask? Believe it or not it is true and it works! When on keto diet for weight loss you consume a lot of fats, moderate proteins and low carbs, as a result you don’t feel hungry at all in between your meals.
4. You don’t need to count calories: When on keto diet you must keep an eye on your portions but not on the calories you consume. The keto diet for weight loss is different than any other traditional diet because in a couple of days after starting you don’t feel hungry at all and also you will notice that those hunger pangs are also gone. This happens because you consume a lot of fats. Fats in essence have the ability to make you feel satisfied and fuller for longer periods of time without the need to count calories.
5. It is promising for those who tried every other diet and failed: Weight loss diets that rely solely on calorie reduction have failed many people. This may be due to the fact that when you are dieting and losing weight, your metabolism slows down, but your appetite remains the same as if you were not on a diet. Following a keto diet for weight loss can allow a person to avoid these adjustments, improving the odds of losing weight in the long term and also preventing you from gaining back the weight you lost.
6. You will gain younger looking skin.
7. You will have mental clarity and you will be more focused on what you do.
8. It can help you to fight diseases: As we previously mentioned the keto diet was first developed in order to help children with epilepsy when medical treatment alone wasn’t enough. Keto diet for weight loss will also help people with Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression, type 2 diabetes and diseases in the cardiovascular system.
How to start keto diet for weight loss
Try and be in ketosis as much as possible in order to achieve your desired results. What is the most crucial part to do in order to achieve ketosis? Limit the carbohydrate intake. You will probably need to limit your carb consumption to less less than 50 grams of net carbs per day, preferably less than 20 grams.
The less calorie intake from carbs in your diet, the better it is going to be for achieving ketosis, losing weight and also regulating your blood sugar levels. Keep in mind that when you first starting keto diet for weight loss, counting carbohydrates intake may be a good idea and helpful in the begining of your journey.
What to eat when on keto diet for weight loss
- Natural fats (butter, olive oil, etc)
- Fish and seafood
- Vegetables that grow above ground
What to avoid when on keto diet for weight loss
- Chocolate bars
What to drink when on keto diet for weight loss
- Tea (with no added sugar)
- Coffee (with no added sugar)
- Red wine
Following a keto diet for weight loss necessitates paying close attention to the macronutrients.
Although it may not be suitable for everybody’s lifestyle, the keto diet is one of the most healthy and safe diet strategies thanks to the variety of tasty foods available.
If you’d like to lose a lot of weight while still improving your health, stamina, energy, and mental function, the keto diet might be just what you’ve been looking for.
If you are convinced and want to give keto diet a try we recommend starting a custom keto diet plan crafted by professional chefs. You can start a 7-day trial and see if it is the right diet plan for you by clicking the link below:
- Custom Keto Diet Review: Does Custom Keto Diet Work? An Honest Review
- 28 Day Keto Challenge Review: Should You Try It (2021)?
- Keto Advanced Weight Loss Review (2021): Is It Safe To Use?
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=yzers&webforms_id=27949203″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]